Trying To Get To You

Saturday, November 18, 2006

A Great Weekend Song



I didn't pay too much attention to Hard Fi's album "Stars of CCTV" when it was released earlier this year in the U.S. (it came out last year in the U.K.). I liked the single, "Cash Machine," and probably gave the rest of the album one or two listens tops. I thought, "Pretty good, nothing too special."

On the F train yesterday I had the shuffle on, and their "Living For The Weekend" came on, and it completely shifted what my opinion had been on the band. It's a great, modern variant on the classic, "Spending all my money on a Saturday night" motif, featured by rockers from Little Richard to the Stones to Springsteen - and just about every R&B artist of all time.

This is a record I'm going to go back to to see what I missed the first time around.

Download: "Living For The Weekend"
Buy It At Amazon

No comments: